Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Rcvr with JR 10SX II transmitter

Old 02-06-2004, 01:35 AM
lamyap
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Rcvr with JR 10SX II transmitter

I having a hard time locating a dual conversion receiver for this radio (lets say I don't want to pay $200 to Horizon) on Ebay or RCU. Hitec make a compatible receiver on positive shift for JR radios. Question - would I loose any signal integrity going from a $200 receiver down to a $50? Its apparent that technology cost but am I giving up that technology for a lower or maybe inferior product? Also, would the Hitec rcvr filter less signal interferance? - thanks, Steve
Old 02-06-2004, 04:59 AM
FlyinBrian

Default RE: Hitec Rcvr with JR 10SX II transmitter

I can't believe you have to pay $200 for a DC receiver, is that for a PCM rx.?

I have two Hitec 555 DC rxs which perform great.

FB
Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a PCM system, JR and Hitec use incompatible PCM systems, and can't be used with one another.

Hitec makes a shift selectable receiver that can be used with any RC transmitter. It's called the Supreme SS. Maybe $75.00 plus crystal.

Hard to believe a JR receiver costs that much. Better check your prices.

Also, JR receivers are up there with all the other manufacturers, as far as operation, sensitivity, selectivity, etc. It is a single conversion, but their proprietary circuitry make them just as good as most of the others.

Who told you the receiver was $200.00 anyway?
Old 02-06-2004, 09:03 AM
lamyap
My Feedback: (67)

Go to Horizon website, you will find that if you order for them, a R945S is $209. I would never pay that much BUT the price is their. I'm having problems trying to locate this receiver. I want a dual conversion receiver. Appreciate all the info - steve
Old 02-06-2004, 06:07 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is their top of the line PCM receiver--(I got 2 of them for my nice planes) I also have the 10SX and you can switch to PPM (otherwise known as FM) mode and use Hitec receivers specificly made for JR signals--(got a few of them also). I find the Hitec as well as JR's 700 series work great for my applications. It is all in how much you want to spend.