Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bought the Venture CP now I need a radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 06:04 AM
BtotheC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought the Venture CP now I need a radio

O.K. I have done a lot of reading and I am about to make the purchase. I have a Venture CP which is the 120 degree ccpm heli. I want a good radio that I am not going to have upgrade once I get into the 3D stuff. I am trying not to go over $500. I was pretty set on the 9C but I read that it does not do invert programming? How big of a deal is this as far as 3D flight? I appreciate any advice. Also.... What is the cheapest place on the net to pick one up? I found a kit on cyberheli with the Tx, Rx, batteries, charger, and 4 servo's for $449. I haven't found anywhere else cheaper but I have only been looking for a few days.

Regards
Old 06-07-2002, 05:17 PM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody uses an invert switch anymore. All the good 3D flyers use what is called switch less inverted. Center stick is zero pitch, 3/4 stick is where you hover right side up and 1/4 stick is where you hover inverted. If you don't already have it I recommend that you get Ray's Authoritative Helicopter Manual. It will answer a lot of your questions. And the most important thing you can do is find someone to help you get your helicopter set up right. Also consider getting a simulator. They help a lot! RealFlight G2 with USB InterLink is the best one.

The 9CH is a GREAT radio.

Good Luck!
Old 06-07-2002, 07:03 PM
j_dogg
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good radio to get right now is a JR XP8103 DT. They are selling for about 500.00 and you get a 50.00 rebate...... check the webs site for the best priceing.

www.helihut.com

www.horizonhobby.com

Look around you can find them.....