Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using Eclipse 7 w/other brands ie airtronics

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
hekeas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Eclipse 7 w/other brands ie airtronics

I just bought the QPCM Eclipse 7 with the Spectra Module. My question is: will I be able to use this radio with an Airtronics receiver with the correct channel setting on the Spectra? Also, I think there was a mistake with my purchase. The TX is the QPCM version, but I paid for an FM version, I believe. The reason I say this is first what I paid and second, the receiver is labeled "FM". Is this normal for this package as I would assume that the receiver would be QPCM as well? Someone help me confirm me on these questions so that I can go back and correct the stores mistake. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:58 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Using Eclipse 7 w/other brands ie airtronics

The Eclipse is able to transmit in either negative or positive shift. So yes you can use this TX with the Spectra module tuned to the appropriate channel with virtually any PPM/FM RX.

Your TX is capable of transmitting in the QPCM or PPM mode. If you received an FM RX you got what you paid for. A QPCM RX will only work with Hitec QPCM TX's.

Negative/positive shift and PPM/QPCM modes are software selectable. It will always be one or the other of the aforementioned pairs.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:21 AM
hekeas

Thanks for the quick response. Ok, so in order to make the +/- shift, I'm assuming it's simply a computer adjustment (excuse my ignorance; I have only scanned the manual so far). Correct my if I'm wrong.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, switch to either negative shift or positive shift as instructed in the manual. I have ran Airtonics, Futaba, JR, FMA, Kraft and other receivers with no problems.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:55 AM
hekeas

Great! I got it. Hopefully the weather will clear and I can fly this weekend using this radio. Thanks for the help.