Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex charging

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:59 PM
rcfamdoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex charging

I just purchased a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 from Tower. When it comes to electrics and wiring, I am an idiot. Does anyone have any suggestions for rapid charging like on a Sirius charger? The charge plug is different for this radio than any other that I own. The battery plug inside the transmitter is also different. Any suggestions would be helpful.
PS. I love this new radio. Setup and mixing is a breeze.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:35 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Multiplex charging

I use a Hobbico Feild charger for this...it is an NIMH pack...

I just cut the cord from the wall wart, cheked polarity, and soldered some bananna plugs on..
Old 03-02-2004, 03:09 AM
ChuckA

ORIGINAL: rcfamdoc

I just purchased a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 from Tower. When it comes to electrics and wiring, I am an idiot. Does anyone have any suggestions for rapid charging like on a Sirius charger? The charge plug is different for this radio than any other that I own. The battery plug inside the transmitter is also different. Any suggestions would be helpful.
PS. I love this new radio. Setup and mixing is a breeze.
I bought an adaptor from George Joy a couple of years ago but didn't see it on the Sirius web site the last time I looked. Don't use anything but a Sirius Charge and got rid of all my transmiters that can't use it without resorting to a soldering iron.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:08 AM
jtholley03
My Feedback: (4)

As per suggestions here I cut the connector (one wire at a time to not short the battery) and added a standard servo connector in the middle. That way I can take the battery out and charge it with my Orbit.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:58 PM
rcfamdoc

I just wanted to take a second and thank everyone who replied to my post. I also wanted to compliment George Joy on great service. I emailed him for a suggestion, and he sent me an email the same day. He makes a multiplex converter for his Sirius chargers which I promptly ordered. Thanks again