Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAF ok for heli?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Big Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAF ok for heli?

Can I use my Futaba 9CAF transmitter for a helicopter. I've heard that the only real differences are in the throttle (no ratchet) and the fact that screens don't address the mixing in the same way but that by using a little ingenuity you can get the right mixes.

Is this correct?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
wyflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Futaba 9CAF ok for heli?

Yes you can easily use your 9CAF for helicopters. All 9c transmitters have all the programming for airplanes, sailplanes, and helicopters. The only difference between the heli and airplane versions is the airplane has a ratchet throttle and the heli is smooth. A couple of the switches are in different positions. The heli version also defaults to helicopter and the airplane version defaults to airplanes.

To use your transmitter with helicopters enter the basic menu and go down to perimeter. Go down the menu to where it has the aircraft type. Change that to the kind of helicopter you plan to use. When you get out of that menu, all of the menus in that model will have the heli programming options instead of the airplane options.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What Wyflyer said.

Futaba has a comparison chart on their website & Tower has a comparison in their 'comments' regarding the 9C series.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:00 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Know a couple heli pilots and their only complaint is there is only a 5-point curve. He said 7 would be nice.