Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

T6xa elevator trim problem

Old 03-01-2004, 10:20 PM
expresspilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T6xa elevator trim problem

I have a T6xa and I have tried everything to solve this problem. I have a dual elevator setup and had a reversing Y adapter on them but when ever I hit dual Rates the trim changes. This only happens on the elevators. I removed the Y Harness and modified one of the servos to run backwards and installed it with a straight Y harness and that did not solve the problem. I have turn of all mixing and clear the trim memorys, also made sure the sub trims are zeroed. Nothing I do seems to change it except setting both rates the same in which case it stops. If I put them close to the same it is very little. The bigger the differance in the rates the bigger trim change it makes. Please Help!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:05 PM
smokingcrater

Default RE: T6xa elevator trim problem

*deleted*
Old 03-02-2004, 04:59 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

You have something wrong if the only thing you do is change the rates and the elevator moves. Do you have any mixes on that same switch? If not, then you have something wrong with your transmitter. Start a new model memory and see if it still does it.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:09 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Chances are you have the End-Points or ATV setup incorrectly. When you toggle dual-rates your results would be typical in this sceanrio.

Review this fact page at Futaba's site it should provide some helpful data.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q501.html
Old 03-04-2004, 05:42 PM
expresspilot

I have reset the radio ad it still does this I tried a 6vg I have on the same reciever/servos etc. And it does not. It does appear the transmitter is at fault I believe instead of spending money on this radio I will buy a new futaba 7C.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I still would recommend that you get the transmitter fixed but it is a good reason to get another one.