Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Anything New With Radio's I Should Know

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:59 AM
dartcase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything New With Radio's I Should Know

I've had the planes put away for a couple of years and been getting the itch to fly again. All my radio's are gold stickered, are these still approved radio's or do I need to upgrade them?

Thanks in advance for any helpAgwagon (scratch built)
Old 04-12-2003, 07:06 PM
hpapilot
My Feedback: (1)

Any radios that are gold stickered colmpied with the 1991 FCC narrow band standards(no matter what date it was stickered). These are still the standards that are used today, so they are legal.

Have fun flying!
Old 04-12-2003, 09:11 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Just pay special attention to the battery condition. After use, then a couple of years storage the batteries are typically ruined. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If the battery has vented, there will be some white crystals (at the positive end) A little bit isn't a reason to do more than clean the stuff off. (its an acid... be careful with it) You will also need to inspect the wires, especially the black... as that one tends to corrode badly. (if the RX pack was plugged into the wireing harness and then to the RX, the corrosion WILL go all the way to the RX and the RX may need cleaning too!)
Old 10-07-2005, 03:52 PM
lmcp

Default RE: Anything New With Radio's I Should Know

I have corrosion in the servo terminals and want to know what to use to clean them. The corroaion is blue and the result of float flying. I tried just cleaning with a knife blade, but it's hard to get into a Futaba fitting.

Larry