Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

SERVO REVERSERS

Old 03-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Myron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVO REVERSERS

Good Afternoon All,

I have been Flying RC for quite some time, and I recently started doing the larger scale Areobatic models.. I currently have a Katana 1.4 that has all the servos in the tail...I am using Futaba 3001's on each side of the elevator and a single "Y" to the radio.. I have recently noticed that when moving the elevator up and down rapidly it looks as if one servo is dragging a little bit... Is this because in one servo has the pushrod on the top of the servo and the other on the bottom and the pushrod angle/ ratio is different?... Would a servo reverser solve the problem OR can I reverse the wires in the plug on one servo and re-configure the pushrods so they are both the same???? I am using a Futaba Super 8 PCM transmitter....

Myron
Old 03-10-2004, 12:25 PM
ALbert.S

Default RE: SERVO REVERSERS

Reversing the wires will BURNOUT THE SERVO In order to reverse the servo you would have to get inside the servo and change the wires to the feedback pot and the motor. This is not the thing to do if you do not have electronic knowledge or good soldering skills.Go with a reverser or use a servo that goes the other way. Hitec servos go opposite to other brands
Old 03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Myron

Sounds like I will be going with a servo reverser!!!!.. I will try to pick one up today at lunch...

Myron
Old 03-10-2004, 04:48 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: Myron

Sounds like I will be going with a servo reverser!!!!.. I will try to pick one up today at lunch...

Myron
I have this same issure to deal with. Let me know which reverser you go with.

Joe
Old 03-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Myron

I picked up an MPI yesterday and when I got home and tried to hook it up I got ZILCH!!!.... dont know if it is a DOA or there is another problem. When you first plug it in to the servo, the servo will "bump" like it is getting power/signal, but thats it.... The REALLY ODD thing is that this is for on the dual servo elevator on my Katana and the only way you get anything from the servos as they are plugged into the elevator is if you move the THROTTLE stick up and back real fast I will get a little movent out of them then..... I checked all the mixing and modes on the TX and I dont have anything enabled for HELI mixing or PMX mixing.... I can then unplug the MPI reverser and put my original "Y" back in and everthing is fine..... I am going to take it back today and see if they will swap it out for me.....

Myron