Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

"7C" Can anyone help??

Old 03-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Gdolboy3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "7C" Can anyone help??

Hey all, I just got back from Deployment, and am trying to get going again with my flying. Just before I left, I was down to no airplanes, but I still have a working O.S. 61FX, and am currently trying to E-bay my old radio in hopes of starting a brand new season with a new model and radio. So I'm looking into a Futaba 7C. With the Dial Key, and a few other things it seems it's much like the 9C. Is it worth the money?? I need a radio I can fly a couple of different planes with, and maybe start into Helis this year. Maybe a stupid question, but would it be more economical to just get a 9C?? I really don't see the need for it, since I'm a sport flyer, and really just want a good system that I won't out grow in a matter of one season or two. I do need something a little more than the 6X for the Helicopters, and where I'd like to get with flying those. I'm not too sure, but the 7C looks pretty new to the market. Again, I've been gone a while, so I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:21 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: "7C" Can anyone help??

First off THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! Welcome home! There have been several threads latly about the 7C radio, Several people have been having problems with the rotory dile sticking. look back through the last 30 days worth of threads. I have the 9C and haver never had any problems with any of the switches. I can recomend the 9C as you arn't going to out grow it any time soon!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:14 PM
fastplanefly

the 7cap is a powerful radio for the money,i just got one and its great,had a problem with the do all buton,but fixed it,just dont push it to hard,good luck
Old 03-13-2004, 04:53 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

I have the 7C.......and I would say it is a very high quality system. The switches and buttons work fine......and feel like they will work fine for a long time. According to Futaba the round menu selection knob is the same knob from the 9C. The one and only complaint I have heard is from the post above me. No disrespect but it sounds like he was standing on it.
You dont have to push it hard to activate it......nor is it necessary to press down hard on the rotary button.
If you need 9 channels or think you might need 9 channels then the 9C would be the best choice. 7 channels is all I need for the foreseeable future. I dont do bombs....retracks or giant scale where you might have to do multiple dual servo hookups. The 7C handles dual servo hookups, you are only limited by the number of channels available.

This is a great radio..........and for 249.00 minus 15 dollars at towerhobbies, I think its a great bargain for an advanced easy to program computer system.