Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help on Radio setup for 4 Star 60

Old 03-12-2004, 11:03 PM
pllove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on Radio setup for 4 Star 60

Here is my plan. I have 8 s148 servos with the EMS BB conversions. Here is how I plan to use them:

2 - Airleons connected via a y-cable
2 - Elevateros (Elevators are split not connected) connected via a y-cable
2 - Rudder (pull-pull configuration) connected via a y-cable
1 - Throttle
1 - smoke valve

I have attached a graphic showing the servo tray and layout of the servos. I need to know if there is any special considerations on how to connect the gangned rudder servos. Can I get away with just the y-cables or do I need something else. Also need recommendation on what size batter to use.

I am using a 9CAP radio system.

I am doing this for a slight level of redundancy and to learn how to setup a pull-pull system.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16270.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	110868  
Old 03-13-2004, 09:20 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Need help on Radio setup for 4 Star 60

Lets start with using your radio. 2 servo's mixed in the radio. 2 servo's mixed for the elvator one servo for the rudder pull -pull, and if you want smoke use a smoke pump on channell 5. It's easy when you use the computer functions of the radio. Dennis

l
Old 03-13-2004, 12:15 PM
BaronSchwab

By using the 9C many capabilities have been opened for you.

For the ailerons use the "flaperon" mix by plugging the Right ail servo into Ch1 and the left ail servo in Ch6. Then activate the "flaperon" mix on the radio. This enables you to use the ailerons as standard ailerons and as flaps.

For the elevators use the "ailevator" mix. Plug the right elevator-half servo into Ch2 and the left elevator-half servo into ch7. Then activate the "ailevator" mix on the radio. This enables you to use the elevators as stardard elevators and as ailerons to speed up the roll rate.

Go ahead and connect the rudder servos with a Y-connector but USE THE SAME SERVOS which you are.. Or you could plug one servo into Ch4 and the other into ch8 and then use a p-mix and mix the two channels. Ch4 would be master and ch8 slave.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:17 PM
BaronSchwab

By using the 9C many capabilities have been opened for you.

For the ailerons use the "flaperon" mix by plugging the Right ail servo into Ch1 and the left ail servo in Ch6. Then activate the "flaperon" mix on the radio. This enables you to use the ailerons as standard ailerons and as flaps.

For the elevators use the "ailevator" mix. Plug the right elevator-half servo into Ch2 and the left elevator-half servo into ch7. Then activate the "ailevator" mix on the radio. This enables you to use the elevators as stardard elevators and as ailerons to speed up the roll rate.

Go ahead and connect the rudder servos with a Y-connector but USE THE SAME SERVOS which you are.. Or you could plug one servo into Ch4 and the other into ch8 and then use a p-mix and mix the two channels. Ch4 would be master and ch8 slave.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:32 PM
pllove

Great....thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming. I will use the flaperons mixing and the ailevator mixing. My concern on the dual servo pull-pull was if I needed something like a matchbox.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 03-14-2004, 10:34 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

For a plane that size all you need is a Hitec 645mg. If you want more power use 6 volt. Dennis
Old 03-14-2004, 11:53 AM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Like Dennis said there is no reason to gang the servos on the rudder for this plane. Just a standard bb servo will work fine.