Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

trainer cord on 7cap

Old 03-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Joe123s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trainer cord on 7cap

i have a 7c and want to use it on an older 4 ch radio. the guy at the store said it would work. so i follow the directions, but when i flip the trainer switch on the 7c the 4c doesn't take over.. but if i do it the other way. the 4c acts as the master no problem and the 7c works as the slave. Could my trainer button on my 7c be broken?
Old 03-13-2004, 12:25 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: trainer cord on 7cap

You might have to go into the programming and set the trainer switch to active or on......or whetever the manual sez....

I pulled this from the futaba FAQ
"When I change from a model setup for training to a different model and then come back to that first model, the trainer function is inhibited. Why?
This is done as a safety in the radio to make sure you intend to use the training feature when you return to this model. This way you don't accidentally pull the trainer switch thinking you are using a snap switch or other feature."
Old 03-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Joe123s

i already did that
Old 03-13-2004, 12:33 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Thats the only thing I can think of, Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:13 PM
olivier

Hi,

I guess that your buddy box lead (cable) is sort of one way cable.
Eventually check this out with a multimeter and the info you'll find on my website chapter 7.
Question : is your receiver in PCM or PPM, cause some buddy box system require the slave to be in PCM when the receiver is in PCM, some require the slave transmitter to be in PPM.
Olivier
Old 03-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Oliver, your site helped me with my problem.
What you may find is that the wiring of the trainer cord is not correct.
I found that my DSC cord would not power up the radio and Futaba wanted me to remove the RF module every time I wanted to use DSC. TO me that is crazy. So I modified the plug to power up the transmitter. You may have to make some changes to the cord to ensure that the proper box is master and which is the slave.

ORIGINAL: olivier
I guess that your buddy box lead (cable) is sort of one way cable.
Eventually check this out with a multimeter and the info you'll find on my website chapter 7.
Question : is your receiver in PCM or PPM, cause some buddy box system require the slave to be in PCM when the receiver is in PCM, some require the slave transmitter to be in PPM.
Olivier
Old 03-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Joe123s

it is a ppm receiver and the slave is an older 4 ch which is ppm only. i just check to see if the "trainer" switch worked on the 7c and it does. but i still cant get the other readio to act as slave. but it will act as the master.