Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

US 40 Done, ready to go..almost.. help

Old 03-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US 40 Done, ready to go..almost.. help

Allright guys and gals. I am done with the US 40. I am so excited I cant wait to fly it. I did not buy the plane to do crow quite honestly. I bought the TX before the plane also. Here is what I am trying to do. Many know from my threads posted in the past. I ended up wanting this:
Flaps to work either off the gear switch(on/off flaps), or the dial. I dont really care. Now, I would however like to make the airbrakes work if possible under the spoileron mode. I plugged everything in today and I can't make anything work right... I am reading the futaba manual to try and figure out whats wrong. Elevator and rudder and throttle are ok... Whats the secret here ? I am confused. I have a 7 channel RX and a 6xas TX.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Dart373

Default RE: US 40 Done, ready to go..almost.. help

Ooops, meant to say I have reverse Y on the flaps per the board here, and the ailerons going on 1 and 6 right? They do NOT have any sort of Y at all.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Dart373

Here is the latest. I have the flaps working on either 5(which is the gear channel, its only on/off flaps), and they work fine with the knob on channel 6. Everybody keeps telling me to put the ailerons on 1 and 6. I can't make it work with any combination. My ailerons will only work on 1, when I use a Y. It looks like This is the only way to make the flaps and ailerons work. The channel 5 for flaps and 1 and 6 must be for an 8 channel RX.... Ideas?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:47 PM
lpanetta
My Feedback: (22)

Hi Dart373,

Check out this old thread. I had also had a US40 using the Futaba 6XA radio. This thread describes how I did my setup.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1138612/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1144268]Old Post[/link]

I hope this helps.

Lawrence