Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX freq change

Old 03-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX freq change

I have a JR 783 radio with a plug-in module on the back. When you unplug the module there is a crystal plugged into it. In order to change frequncy on the TX can I just replace this crystal or do I have to replace the entire module? If I stay within the highband/lowband on my radio will everything else be ok?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 05:06 AM
AMA-69405
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: TX freq change

To my knowledge, there is no "highband/lowband" with respect to transmitters, and certainly not in the case of the JR XP783. Certain receivers (current Futaba models and some older JR models come to mind) are "banded", but no transmitters that I know of.

Legally, morally, and otherwise, you have two choices:

1 - Buy the new module, complete with crystal

2 - Have the current module re-tuned after the crystal is replaced

There are those in these forums that will argue, until the cows come home, that the re-tune is not necessary. They are, in my opinion, individuals of a type that tend to end up as participants on "Fear Factor".

Gary L.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Thanks, so any required tuning is in the module? Chief sells the module for 50 bucks, sounds like thats the best route
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 AM
AMA-69405
My Feedback: (22)

Yes... no retune of the transmitter itself is required, since all the RF goodies are in the module.

I haven't seen them any cheaper than at Chief.

Gary L.