Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

another receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:11 AM
rccub
My Feedback: (184)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another receiver question

can i take a hitec receiver that was on channel 12, and put a futaba #38 crystal in it and use it with a futaba transmitter.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Technito20

Default RE: another receiver question

No, I don't think Hitec is compatible with Futaba products. You can check with a hobby store to be sure. And recievers don't have channels. It's the crystal number that is the channel. An airplane transmitter and reciever is tuned to operate on 72 mhz.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Ross Kean

The Hitec receiver with the appropriate crystal will work fine with the Futaba transmiter. I am not sure whether the Futaba crystal will work or not. The combo will definately work with a Hitec crystal on #38.

Ross
Old 03-15-2004, 10:58 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Yes it will work---not legal---but it will work---(apples to apples---dual conversion to dual conversion)---been there, done that
Old 03-15-2004, 11:05 AM
pmw
My Feedback: (1)

You better check with Hitec. I fly Hitec and Futaba and they are compatible, but I understand there is a potetial problem interchanging crystals from a high number channel with a low number and vice versa. I think the change over channel number is 31. I change crystals only above or below channel 31 among themselves. I've never tried to mix high and low channel crystals together, so I'm not certain this rumor is true. But, better safe than sorry.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It is only illegal to change Tx Crystal without realignment. If the Hitec RX is a negative shift version or a selectable shift set to negative shift you will be fine. You may legally change Rx crystals to work with your TX. The hi lo band thing only applies to Futaba RX's only. All Hitec RX's are plug and play with any channel within the band.

Never mix crystal brands, differant brands are cut differently and it may work but you may also be more exposed to interfearance from the commercial channels that are closer to your channel than even the nearest RC channel. Hitec RX use only Hitec Crystal , Futaba Rx use only Futaba crystal.