Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Royal Evo

Old 03-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Macchi
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Evo

Having read through the manual and many online threads, I can't seem to find whether or not 5 point mixer curves are available for airplane models (I only see 3 pt, symmetrical, offset, etc...). If anyone could shed some light on this for me I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks very much in advance,

Freddy
Old 03-15-2004, 09:36 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Royal Evo

Every channel has up to a 5 point curve (choice of 2, 3 or 5 point), the curve is applied at the channel (servo) level so it affects how the servo responds equally to all controls coming out of the mixer. The other types of curves that you mentioned are mixer input styles.

H
Old 03-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Macchi

Thanks for your reply Harry! I have followed your knowledgeable posts in many threads and really appreciate all that you have done to help folks with these radios!
Just to follow up, it would then seem to me that I would not be able to do the following in the context of an elevator-rudder mix (to correct pitch deviation during knife edge, say):

-Have the elevator servo respond linearly to elevator stick input, AND...
-Have the elevator servo respond in an exponential fashion (following a 5 pt curve, say) to rudder stick input

Hopefully I am just missing something very basic?

Thanks again,

Freddy
Old 03-15-2004, 10:41 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

That is correct Freddy. If you had expo on the rudder control then the mix to elevator would of course be expo too, but you can't do what you are really after. You can do it on the Profi 4000, where the multi point curve is for each input in the mixer, but the 4000 is a whole different ball game compared to the Evo. I know exactly what you are wanting to do, I make use of 13 point input curve in my 4000 to mix rudder to ele in my Synergy 90 3D where it has a weird pitch response that actually reverses direction at extreme rudder travel.

The Evo's multi point curves are really to allow precise tuning across multi-servo applications such as getting a 4 servo wing to all centre and move to same end and mid points, rather than the extra fancy mixing control of the 4000.

H
Old 03-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Macchi

Thanks for the clarification Harry!

Freddy