Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Harry Higley's Programming Futaba's 9CA

Old 03-15-2004, 10:03 PM
J-3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harry Higley's Programming Futaba's 9CA

Harry's new manual is just what I needed: "All programming sequences assume nothing; they start at the first step and continue step-by-step to the end". This is one great manual and it is worth every penny of $21.99 (Tower). It is mentioned in the introduction that radio programming is something you don't do often, and by the time you need to again, it is forgotten. This manual is written with this in mind. There are many before and after photos of the aircraft control surfaces, throttle, and various linkages too. Harry! can you write a manual for the TRITON!

Thanks...Brian
Old 03-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Harry Higley's Programming Futaba's 9CA

I am curious.... How simple does a transmitter need to be so that a manual is unnecessary? While I had one for the 8U, the 9C seems really easy and a manual is not needed.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:20 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

The Geist is right! The 9C is very user friendly, just turn it on and play a while and you will get to know the radio well even without the manual. Futaba recommends pulling up the antenna a few sections if you plan to have the radio on for a lengthy time.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:50 AM
wyflyer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: frankflyboy1

The Geist is right! The 9C is very user friendly, just turn it on and play a while and you will get to know the radio well even without the manual. Futaba recommends pulling up the antenna a few sections if you plan to have the radio on for a lengthy time.
I totally agree. The 9c is very easy to program. When I first got it, I started reading the manuel, but when I had read just a little of it, I thought it was so easy I just put the manuel down. I have only touched the manuel a couple of times since.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:17 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

I like the 9C manual Harry put out also. I've got the 8U also and it seems like the 8U takes forever to program. I use both manuals when setting up a new plane so I dont get sothing mixed up just to be safe.
NEDYOB
Old 03-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Raybow

What about those of us who have late onset Alzheimers?

Ray
Old 03-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Sleep with it and maybe it will rub off on you

ORIGINAL: Raybow
What about those of us who have late onset Alzheimers?
Ray
Old 03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The original and online manuals are very well written with clear examples. I didn't find the need for any after-market stuff
Old 03-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, while the 7C and 9C tranmitters have a very-much improved user interface over older systems, they are not the problem. The instructions and after-market user guides help people figure out the logic of what they have to do to get the mixing they need. Many modelers need to be led through the thinking process to determine what functions they want, and what ways the mixers can help achieve the goal.

One thing that helps is to diagram the model and then write out what you're trying to do. This will then help you make a flow chart of the programming hierarchies. Certain functions are primary, so they must be the master in the mix. Other functions are secondary, and must be the slave funtion. Also, other questions need to be answered, such as, "do I need trim?", "Do I need a switch? Which one?" and so on.

Easier interfaces make the job simpler to do, but the added number of mixes and the higher level of functions within the mixes adds to the complexity of the mixing process. There is a learning curve associated with acquiring the thinking process to set up the model. Users of older systems have found the 9C more intuitive because they've already learned the thinking process of setting up their model, and already know what the various aspects of the mixing functions mean.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:31 PM
_WIT_

Well, I guess I'm the dissenting voice here. I bought one of these manuals while on a business trip to Orlando. When I got it home and began reading it, I was very disappointed that the quad-flap instructions (airbrake + crow) state that "The instructions accompanying the kit do a good job explaining how, so we won't bother".

Well, howdy - not for the 9C they don't.

The book in now tossed in the corner with the rest of the crap I don't use.

I'm not trying to do a review here, just stating that the book did not provide the information I needed. Hopefully, AMCross will do a more thorough job.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:33 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone make one for the 9zap?
Old 03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
MustangFan

BAX

Good reply .....

Sometimes the mixes are not straight forward or a person doesn't know, or think of a way of doing certain mixes.
A logical approach can start the creative mind to work.

And ... what about all of us whose digital clocks still blink 12:00 .... need help !