Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Antenna routing in .46 custom plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 06:10 PM
flipstart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna routing in .46 custom plane

I have done a search for various methods of antenna routing and cannot arrive at a logical conclusion on how to eliminate that antenna "tail" hanging out the back or hung on the fin.
Wrapping the antenna in coils around a dowel or tube seems to work for some, but can some of you gurus confirm what is the very best method for these size planes. I also have 2 combat, 25 size that I would like to "fix" the antenna, if there is an acceptable solution.

I now route the antenna in small flexible tubing and let end hang out or rubber band it to the fin, some of the after market antennas would be ok, but every extra connection lessens your odds of making it back in one piece, but if that is the best solution I'll go for it. Thanks Flipstart
Old 03-21-2004, 08:37 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: Antenna routing in .46 custom plane

Deans whip antenna---"Tower Hobbies"---$10.00
Old 03-22-2004, 09:18 AM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Antenna routing in .46 custom plane

The antenna on my Diamond Dust is totally enclosed in a piece of flexible plastic tube that makes a circular pattern through the inside of the wing. Never had any problems.