Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Extension cables

Old 03-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Radil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extension cables

Hi,

I am just new to this radio systems and doing graduation right now. I am just getting 6exa futaba set . If my servos are to be installed in the wing (flaperons) , can i have extension cables from the servos to transmitter.Basically i need it even for my elevator and rudder bcoz
of my 5 ft fuselage length.Please explain if there are any disadvantages or advantages in extending cables, also wat is servo reversing and finally how can order them.The aileron extension what they specify, is it the same extension cable i have to use for elevator and rudder.
If it is the case what would the total radio set cost approximately[6exa]
Old 03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extension cables

ORIGINAL: Radil

Hi,

I am just new to this radio systems and doing graduation right now. I am just getting 6exa futaba set . If my servos are to be installed in the wing (flaperons) , can i have extension cables from the servos to transmitter.

<<SURE>>

Basically i need it even for my elevator and rudder bcoz
of my 5 ft fuselage length.Please explain if there are any disadvantages or advantages in extending cables,

<<Extensions are a necessary evil. They can cause problems but they have worked fine for me.>>

also wat is servo reversing

<<It's where you take one channel, elevator for example, and an electronic device (reversing Y cable) reverses one of the servos's rotation direction. Split elevators need one of the servos reversed if you want the geometry/throws to match. Some people do it by reversing one of the servo horns and rods. I don't like doing that.>>

<<You don't need servo reversing in the ailerons/flaperons. The servo orientation takes care of it.>>

and finally how can order them.The aileron extension what they specify, is it the same extension cable i have to use for elevator and rudder.

<<Any hobby shop or Servocity.com. Just specify the length and Radio type and plug type (Futaba J connector)>>

If it is the case what would the total radio set cost approximately[6exa]

<<$170 US for the Radio and 4 standard servos, extensions are extra.>>