Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Heathkit GDA-19 Servos

Old 03-18-2004, 01:03 PM
focus31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heathkit GDA-19 Servos

Hello Everyone!

I just bought a 1969 Heathkit GDA-19 5 channel RC system and I would like
to swapout the original servos with modern servos (Hitec or futaba) . The heathkit servos
are 3 wire 4.8 volt units (Power / Signal / ground). I wonder if the signal pulse needs to be
inverted before modern servos can be used. If so, I can use a hex inverter chip.I am an electronic tech oldtimer (almost 50yo), and built many heathkits, but I don't want to fry the
original Reciever :-0 Also, does anyone have a copy of the manual for this system that they want to sell?

THX for reading this :-)

focus31 -- Michael
Old 03-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Waco Driver

Default RE: Heathkit GDA-19 Servos

I am using Heathkit 3 wire servos with Futaba and Hitec systems with no problems so I suspect the reverse is true. I have a spare manual I will sell. Email me.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:12 AM
shuaib_afzal

hi every one
if someone wants to sell the rc(jets in normal price contact me
Old 03-19-2004, 10:49 AM
ALbert.S

Yes the Heathkit receiver will operate modern servos OK.But before you spend to much time and money on that system.You should check to see if it will be legal to operate.Is the transmitter on a legal channel? If it is, has it been narrow banded? The receiver is a wideband single conversion AM unit and you should check to see if your local clubs will allow you to use it at the field.