Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Noise difference between different JR NES-537 servos

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Noise difference between different JR NES-537 servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 02:51 PM
dwango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise difference between different JR NES-537 servos

I just bought 6 JR NES-537 standard-sized servos. 3 of them have very quiet movement, however the other 3 are noticeably louder. Should I be worried about the noise difference, or is this fairly normal between different servos?
Old 03-20-2004, 01:00 PM
REVO 1

Default RE: Noise difference between different JR NES-537 servos

I have the exact same problem with my servos.one of my 591's are quite,just hear the sound of the motor whereas the other 3
seem very loud you can hear the gears crunching together.i'me getting mine checked on monday at my local hobby shop.I haven't
even connected any of the link rods to them yet!
Simon
Old 03-22-2004, 12:31 AM
dwango

Opened the servos up and regreased them with white lithium grease. Everything is good now.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:52 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

537's are the cheapest servos JR makes. You get what you paid for. The molding of the cheap gearsets are not perfect. The growl noise is caused by the teeth "bottoming out". On metal gears servos this may sound more like a gritty noise. Adding grease sometimes helps, but the best thing to do is just use the servos and as they wear in, the sound will get quieter. The grease Dennis at Horizon told me they use is Tamiya ceramic grease. Only use a tiny bit. The good news is, I have never heard of this noise causing any problem at all.