Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How can I hook two elevator servos together

Old 03-19-2004, 07:11 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I hook two elevator servos together

I am trying to use two elevator servos on my next plane. I soldered them together and the servos go in opposite directions. I tried switching the red and black wires, and that didn't work.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Flying Cowboy

Default RE: How can I hook two elevator servos together

A few years ago, when the servos were made withe wires between the pot and the circuit and the motor, it was possible to reverse the rotation of a servo but now you have to buy a servo reverser to change the rotation of a servo.
If you want to connect two servos on elevator, you need a servo that rotates on the wrong direction. (Some are available but not all)
You could use the servos that you have but connecting the two push rods to the same side of the servo arm.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 PM
mnrcaerobat

I am trying to use two elevator servos on my next plane. I soldered them together and the servos go in opposite directions. I tried switching the red and black wires, and that didn't work.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:40 PM
mnrcaerobat

Sorry for the double post. I made it work with a bellcrank. Used a piece of 5/32" music wire, three nylon steering arms, and two wheel collars and it looks like it will work well.