Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

V-tail setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Quick 1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-tail setup?

I have recently purchased a Pylon plane at an auction and was curious as if anyone could help me in the setup of this aircraft, as I have never set this configuration up before! I have a servo reverseing harness and an Jr8103 radio. But the V-tail application still baffles me. Thanks in advance Jonathan
Old 03-20-2004, 03:17 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: V-tail setup?

I wouldn't use any kind of Y- harness... I would plug the servos into the rudder and elevator channels and enable the V-Tail mix in your 8103. I am pretty sure this is a standard setup, model type, etc in the 8103 like delta and flaperon. At least that's they way it is with my Futaba 8U Super so I cannot imagine the 8103 doesn't have it...
Old 03-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Quick 1

Please help as I have been messing with this for three days with no progress. I was able to get the V-tail to work in the glider section of my radio (Jr 8103)! But have not figured out how to get it to work in my normal airplane mode for the use of the landing switches and other functions! Once again thank you and all info will be helpfull to me!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:43 PM
rrweather
My Feedback: (7)

Jon,

I would go to the JR product support sub forum here on rcuniverse. Danny from JR can easily help you with this setup. I believe the answer to your question is going to be using a programmable mix in "Airplane" mode so that you can retain all of the airplane control functions.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/JR_R...mid_116/tt.htm

You might even find older posts on this subject by searching. Either way, Danny should be able to help.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:51 AM
wildthing7037

Hi Jonathan,
Just quickly, the 3810 does not have V-tail mixing in normal acro mode. The eaisest option is just to use P-MIX 5 and 6, and mix rudder to elevator, and elevator to rudder. You will need to fiddle around a bit to get the servos working in the right direction. This also lets you use your trims in the normal way.
Also, remember for a V-tail, the rudder works in the opposite direction to the alierons as we are used to. So for right rudder, the left half should rise, and the right half should fall.

Stefan
Old 03-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonathan,

Go with what Stefan says. The 8103 has V tail on the sailplane program. If you want to use acro, use mix 5 & 6. I've done this before and it works very well. The reason for using these specific mixes is those 2 have trim included so when you trim elevator (or rudder), both surfaces will move. Use any other 2 mixes and only 1 surface would move.

Naturally, you would not use a Y connector. One servo plugs into the elevator channel and the other into the rudder. The mixing takes care of the rest. I forget which way I plugged mine in, but on elevon, aileron is right and elevator left, so try rudder right and elevator left. Mix 100% both ways on both mixes and set the mix ON all the time. Works like a champ.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Quick 1

Thank you all for your time and effort with my issue! I went with your recommendations and all is well!