Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which way for switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Al Gelders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which way for switch?

When setting up dual rates is the switch typically up or down for low rate? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:17 AM
rrweather
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Which way for switch?

What radio are you using? Some radios allow you to set either position for the low or high, or both so a set amount. Often (at least on my 8103) each position is labeled as a "1" and a "0." You can set a % for each position. Just make sure you set the positions the same for all surfaces to avoid confusion while flying.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:12 AM
Al Gelders

I also have an 8103 but I'm more interested in what the "typical" setup is. Do most people do low rate with whatever switch down or up? I ask since I'm an intermediate pilot who enlists more experienced people to initially trim my planes. If I were highly experienced and somebody handed me the sticks would I expect to push up or pull down on the rate control switch? Or is there no accepted way?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:14 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's really up to you. I have my rate switch on the top left, and I pull to go high. At the beginning of a flight, all switches are returned to the "rear" or "up" position. That's an easy way to check visually
Old 03-22-2004, 02:36 PM
themanimal
My Feedback: (1)

my futaba is not adjustable... you push the switch away form you (or up) for high rates. I set all my mixes up this way. Towards me or the bottom of the radio for on (pull) and away from me (push) for off. I think its easier to flip the switches off by ficking them with the back of my finger than it is to find them and pull them towards me.

Don't quote me, but I think most h/l switches are down for low, up for high.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:35 PM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I'm holding the transmitter in the flying position all the switches are pushed
down for low rates and pulled up for high rates. Landing gear switch is down for lowered ,
and pulled up for retracted . Snaproll switch is pulled up to activate.

tommy s
Old 03-22-2004, 04:55 PM
pmw
My Feedback: (1)

All my switches are "up" for "on" and "down" for "off". I think of the rate switches as "up" (or "on") for "high" and "off" for "low". This system also is the set up for my couplers, flaps, gear, etc. I think of the set up as a light switch; "up" is "on". I always preflight all my transmitter switch settings before each take off (actually before engine start). Learned that lesson the hard way!

Paul
Old 03-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: pmw

All my switches are "up" for "on" and "down" for "off". I think of the rate switches as "up" (or "on") for "high" and "off" for "low". This system also is the set up for my couplers, flaps, gear, etc. I think of the set up as a light switch; "up" is "on". I always preflight all my transmitter switch settings before each take off (actually before engine start). Learned that lesson the hard way!

Paul
Thats the way I do it!!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:12 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my X-3810 set with 0 for low and 1 for high.