Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

multiple batteries

Old 03-23-2004, 06:05 AM
kaz1104
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiple batteries

Hi Guys,
We are new to this so bear with us.....
Here's what we are trying to do...........We have a pattern ship with tricycle retracts with one servo per wheel. Using a JR radio for the signal and wanting to supply the power for the retract servos from a separate battery pack. How do we go about picking up the signal but without the power......thought we could just cut the red wire coming from the retract lead and tap in with the separate battery positive and negative to the black and red servo wires, but it doesn't seem to work......Help !!!! Can anyone offer some sort of diagram as to how to make it work?
Mark and Karen (Sunny Australia)
Old 03-23-2004, 09:16 AM
ALbert.S

Default RE: multiple batteries

Use a Y harness. Cut the red wire on the plug that goes to the receiver. Plug retract switch and battery pack into one of the Y harness plugs and the retract servo into the other.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:14 AM
kaz1104
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: multiple batteries

Thanks for the response Albert. We did a little more checking around and the problem seems to be related to the length of leads/number of joiners, going from the reciever on the bench to the plane in its stand. Never thought this would cause problems but it seems to be "filtering out" the signal through the orange wire. Has anyone experienced similar issues. Moral to the story....if you hav'nt got a 3 foot lead to go from receiver to servos in the tail of your plane, don't use 3 x1 foot ones !!