Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Extra 300s .60 Set up

Old 03-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Chuey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra 300s .60 Set up

The plane requires 5 servos, thats 2 for the wings

I went to my local shop and i needed to buy 2 new servos, because the ones on the wings are smaller, All they had were regulars and micros, the micros are waaay to small, And the regs are too big, what am i supposed to do here, also someone mentioned a y split thing, since i only have a 4 chan radio

Thanks for reading!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: Extra 300s .60 Set up

Which kit?? Great Planes Goldberg??
Old 03-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Chuey

I just bought 2 minis , and used balsa wood to make them fit,
Old 03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Alot of times I've found I have to use a dremel to shave out the servo holes to accomodate a standard servo. You didn't say what kit you have, only that it's a .60 size Extra. I would question if the torque will be enough with the mini's. I'd have at least 40oz-45oz's of torque for each surface. See what the mini's are rated, while your at it, see if there's a recomemdation in the manual that came with the plane on what's supposed to be in there as far as servo torque. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:37 PM
cruzmissile

Hello, I have a .60 GP Extra 300S. you can still run 5 servos into a 4-CH radio. The Y-Harness is used in the aileron setup because each wing half is utilizing one servo. When you get a Y-harness, you hook one of the servos to one receiveing end of the Y-harness and the other servo to the other half of the Y-harness. Once that is done, all your left with is the tail of the Y-harness that plugs into Channel 1 of the receiver. This way both aileron servos operate in unison when you move the aileron stick on the Transmitter.

A standard servo for example, the (Futaba 3003) with about 45oz/torque is sufficient for the ailerons and elevators. by using a drill bit the size of the servo mounting screws, you can bore out the correct size holes for the servo. Don't use a drill too large. It can cause the servo screws to come off over time and then un expectedly lose a servo; not to mention a plane.