Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

R127DF Receiver - Unusual Behavior

Old 03-25-2004, 07:28 AM
DarZeelon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R127DF Receiver - Unusual Behavior

I have a Futaba T-6XAs R/C system, with a R127DF receiver.

The model it is installed in has two channels for the aileron servos; Ch. 1 and Ch. 6, the Flapron function is enabled, as is the Flap Trim. A differential is set up, to coordinate turns and to prevent adverse yaw.

The problem I encountered is a crossed effect, between Ch. 5 (landing gear retraction) and the Ch. 6 servo.

When the Ch. 5 switch is flicked, the Ch. 6 aileron moves a minute amount, maybe 0.5-0.7mm, and stops there. When it is flipped back, the Ch. 6 aileron moves back to its previous position.

Since the plane in question does not have retracts, I reduced the ATV on Ch. 5 to the minimal value and this resulted in making the Ch. 6 servo/aileron movement unnoticeable.

But should this R/C system ever be used in a model with both retracts and Ch. 1+6 ailerons, it could be disconcerting if when I extend, or retract the landing gear, the plane will begin a very slow roll...

I approached AnnMarie Cross of Futaba USA and she said this cannot be, saying a similar system she has doesn't do it.
But I tried doing it with another 6XA system, with the same receiver, and it does it too.

I also checked with an Asian T-6XAs, that has a 6 Ch. mini receiver, with a braid for Ch. 6/Bat. (I don't recall its denomination), and it did not happen there. So I conclude the R127DF receiver is the culprit.

Did any of you encounter such a phenomenon with this receiver? Would anyone mind trying it with his/hers?
Old 03-26-2004, 08:27 AM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: R127DF Receiver - Unusual Behavior

I will check mine out tonight and let you know.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Mike Ledbetter

Hello,

No such problems here with the same equipment, USA version. Bad receiver maybe.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:11 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

My guess is you have a program issue. I would consider starting with a clear or reset model memory and have at it again.

Futabas website maybe of assistance:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-6xsuper.html
Old 03-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like some kind of crosstalk between channels 5 and 6. Could be a bad decoder IC in the receiver. The receiver should be sent to the service center to have the IC changed. Is the receiver still within the warranty? If so, your service center should be glad to repair/replace the receiver at no charge to you.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:49 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Dar I don't know if this will help but I had many similar problems. Come to find out it was my programming. Start out with a cleared model, completely, and do not do what I did below.

I just discovered a problem on a 9zwII, Somehow I had atv & afr set to 140 (both). Do not do this! Weird things will happen! believe me. I almost went nutz and sent it back. You also will loose resolution and travel at the end point of the stick movement.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:05 PM
DarZeelon

Thank you, Ralph.

My programming in this model is solely to enable the Flapron function.
I disabled the Flaptrim function, since the model behaved badly with the flaprons down.
It is also a WM Worldstar 40 that can be slowed down to a walk, even without flaps.

I incorporated a differential of 30% into the ailerons (up travel is 100% and down travel is 70%).

All other control surfaces have 65%-110% ATV. Nothing dramatic.