Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

newbie ?: servo travel

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 05:09 AM
RabidDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie ?: servo travel

Several of my servos travel farther in one direction than another, how can I fix this?

What I have been doing is pluging in the servo and turning on the tx to center the servo. Then I center the servo horn and set up the linkages to have the control surface also centered. But after this I seem to have as much as a 50% difference in travel from one direction to the other. How do I fix this?

thanks
Old 06-18-2002, 11:52 AM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

Digital or mechanical trims?
Where are the trims actually set?
Is it a computer radio with subtrims?

It may not be the servos. The transmitter is more likely the culprit.
Does it happen on all channels?

50% difference is considerable. Is this new stuff? Any more info would be helpful.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:46 PM
RabidDragon

hiitec hs 55 and hs81 servos
futaba 6xasp pcm/ppm on pcm (computer)

the trim settings on the tx also centered when I set up

right now it is happening to the rudder, nose wheel and alerons (a servo for each wing). The elevator seems to be ok, and its electric so the throttle is ok too

I've just been playing with the tx set up and I found if I change the travel distance it increases the problem or almost corrects it. (set rudder at 120% travel and it is almost corrected).

Is there a better way of correcting this?
Old 06-18-2002, 03:11 PM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

Remember, travel distance must be set for + and - directions. Check that they are equal both ways, e.g. up and down, left and right. I think this is where the problem lies. Get some help if you can from someone familiar with your radio. Sounds like it's a simply a transmitter mis-adjustment. Good Luck and keep us posted.