Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Newbie needs help selecting radio>>>>

Old 03-29-2004, 07:36 PM
rcmiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help selecting radio>>>>

Gang, Was wondering if someone can take some time and help me out. I am trying to put together a build list for a Corona 120 Helio and I am stuck at the transmitter and Receiver. My understanding is that for my choice I can get by with just a 4 channel radio. I know I should upgrade to a higher # of channels but since this is my first dive into r/c I am trying to keep cost down plus trying to see if I like it or not. So what I need to know is a recommendation for a good 4 channel radio that is easy for a beginner that can serve my purpose???? Also, I am wondering if anyone knows a good link to help me better understand radio's in general. You see I am not quite sure what each channel does or even what the additionals channel will benefit later. And, lastly (don't laugh) but I saw at servocity that you can build your own radio package and they ask you to select a channel; What channel are you suppose to select???? Also what is a good place to buy Radio at..........

thanks for your patience.....
Old 03-29-2004, 09:06 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Newbie needs help selecting radio>>>>

Read this link. It is going to help. You need to do some studying first. Read the "Beginner" section here also. Wait awhile for things to start making sense. I promise they will but it will take a little time.

http://www.easyrc.com/
http://www.easyrc.com/radiosystems/index.html
John
Old 03-29-2004, 09:32 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Newbie needs help selecting radio>>>>

RCMiz,
You'll also get advise about using the same brand transmitter as your instructor so that you can buddy box. This is when the instructor can take over control to his transmitter by simply releasing a button.. That's why I now fly Futaba because that is what my instructor flew.

I hope the links make it a little easier.

John