Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with JR X-347 needed

Old 03-30-2004, 02:21 PM
arceye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JR X-347 needed

Hello ,

I need some help with the jr x-347 radio, I am a newbie to heli flight and having difficulty setting up the radio , I watched a video which was quite old about helicopter flying and it mentioned a switch on the radio to compensate for left or right rotation main blades, this switch was a simple slide switch , but of course on the x-347 radio its all coputerized can someone help me by telling what is the equivelent computor setting for this switch so i can stop ( or reduce) the heli from spinning left under the torque of a right spinning rotor,

thx in advance
Old 03-30-2004, 03:45 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Help with JR X-347 needed

You want revolution mixing to mix the tail rotor with the throttle/collective function to counteract torque from the main rotor blades.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
arceye

I read about that inthe manual but there are different settings for above and below mid-stick and i got a little confused when i adjusted them to find that at mid-stick they don't actually do anything as they are proportional to the amount of stick in either direction so at low and high stick they do lots but at mid stick they dont do anything

Correct me if i am wrong but this MUST be done with the gyro switched off i believe but as i can't actually turn it off i have turned it down to minimum settings on the 3 gyro setting pots which are part of the gyro system
Old 03-31-2004, 06:55 PM
arceye

Is it possible that someone can give me a starting point for setting the rev mixer settings so i can have a base to work from as i am very much a newbie and not really sure of where to start or what kind of figures to begin with, as an explanation of what is happening i am getting to the poitn where the heli is ready to life of ( a tiny bit over mid-stick 50% throttle and a pitch of about +5) and the heli is quickly beginning to spin to the left ( right rotating rotor) if i add right trim eventually with max right trim i can slow it down but as it then leaves the ground ( approx 3" ) it begins to spin right ,

Form the little i understand I am guessing that the neutral position of the tail rotor is not set correct ( but i have no manual for the heli which is a kalt space baron and unable to find a manual anywhere so its all guesswork) , but i must also have the rev mixing wrong too or it would not suddenly start turning right after lift off.

Sorry for the long post i am just trying to explain myself and was hoping if someone could give me a starting point for the rev mixing i could reverse engineer it and alter the tail rotor neutral to make it work ( i am also guessing the neutral for the tail rotor is quite a lot of right rudder in the beginning )