Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Seeing a lot of Digi S9252 servos cheap lately. Do they work?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Seeing a lot of Digi S9252 servos cheap lately. Do they work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 09:45 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seeing a lot of Digi S9252 servos cheap lately. Do they work?

I need some high torque servos for my Top Flite Giant P-47. I keep seeing these particular servos for sale at reduced prices. Any of you guys have any war stories or good things to say about the Futaba Digital S9252 servos from personal experience. Even at reduced prices, a few of them add up to a small fortune!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:34 PM
azdesertfalcon3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question ?? I would like to know the same thing since i have been seeing quite a few of them out there now for real cheap and since i found that new ones from the stor are around 180.00 and i have seen them for around 35.00 i would also like to know
Old 06-18-2002, 11:23 PM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

$35.00?? Where? I paid $75 from http://www.heli-kraft.com

EDIT: Ops Did I say Heli-Kraft? I was going to get them at Heli-Kraft how ever I got them at HeliHut instead because they were out of stock at Heli-Kraft.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:31 PM
azdesertfalcon3

hello i tried to send you an instant message but it would not work it is good to see someone from AZ in here i have been looking ..anyway i seen them on e-bay for 35.00 in fact there are some on there right now for 55.00 i was just wanting to know if they are any good i have seen an influx of them at that price and that is for new
Old 06-19-2002, 01:33 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Randall,
May I ask why you're looking at digitals for this warbird? I can't think of any good reason to put digitals onto your Giant P47. They are amazing servos, granted; however, on a sport scale aircraft such as this i'm just curious what reason you feel you'd need the ultra precision?
Old 06-19-2002, 02:35 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Default Reason for using 9252's :

I'm thinking of putting Futaba 9252's in the Giant P-47 'cause that's what's out there on the web! Why pay Tower $75 for 9404's or $90 bucks for 9402's when I can find new digital 9252's for the same price or less?

And as far as the LHS charging $150-$180 list for any of this stuff, I really feel sorry for them. No wonder so many of them go out of business. I'll be loyal and patronize them for $5 or $10 bucks difference more, but not $60 bucks per servo more. Those Turkeys haven't figured it out too that I have another $32 bucks sales tax on a $400 purchase to contend with, when I try to do business with them! (Never mind that there's no "$15 Off" coupon for purchases over $150 from them either.)

Now where was I before the rant? Oh yea:
But why always the Fuitaba 9252's so cheap ? Do the things work??
Old 06-19-2002, 02:38 AM
jelaird
My Feedback: (1)

Default Amcross, why ask why?

Seems like someone is asking a normal question about a product in a very careful way. Let's get them some answers/suggestions instead of return questions. I like this board, and ask a lot of questions. I always get some really informative responses that never question my judgment for asking. Precision servos are the quest for a precision builder. I'd want a little more torque myself, but still a digital,... for the plane I slaved over. A beef-master plane like that calls for it naturally.
Jack
Old 06-19-2002, 05:37 AM
RcNorth

I haven't heard any horror stories about them yet. I just picked up four of them for my Raptor. I bit overkill but what the heck, you can't call it disposable income if you don't dispose of it.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:55 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Jack,
Thanks for the input. The rationale behind my question was that sometimes modelers end up buying far more than they need for a specific job, not realizing that it is overkill. I hate to see someone do that and then be unhappy with their purchase. I talked to a modeler who purchased digitals for his TRAINER because someone told him it would be more controllable with digitals....

These are a very good, strong, general purpose digital servo. I don't think you'll be at all disappointed if you buy them.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Rob127e

Hi Randall,

These are great servos for Pattern ships. I use one now for Elevator and a 9151 for Rudder.

I have my first gasser going together and plan to use two 9292's for the ailerons to start with and slower servos on the elevators (9202). However, once confident, i'll switch to 9252's for the elevators as well. Its a Cap which may snap with fast Elevator movement so slow servos to start, until I get the feel !

However, you will need to either run a 1000 plus Mah battery or keep charging a smaller Mah battery if your after say more than three (3) - twn (10) minute flights in a day. Futaba Digitals are heavy on battery consumption. Alternatively, I also run an on board voltmeter under the canopy just so I know before flying.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob W