Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Watch OUt for NorthEast SailPlanes

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
3wExtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch OUt for NorthEast SailPlanes

I purchased 2 Royal evo 12synth from them one they charged me $512+ and for the other one they charged me $684! Tower Hobbies, this is within a few weeks! And off course they say that the price has gone up by $130+
What a rip-off!
it is pretty amazing that they can do this and feel ok. I have to say that until this time i had pretty decent service but this is burglary!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Watch OUt for NorthEast SailPlanes

Futaba 9Z 8-channel 10-memory Tx without crystal or synth module, $830
Multiplex 12-channel 36-memory Tx with synthesiser module, $684

Who are you accusing of burglary?!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:44 AM
3wExtra

Harry, i purchased 2 radios with in less than a couple of weeks, their website did list the price @ $512 and change and I was charged well over $650. How would you call this? to me when you agree to a price and then you get charged more then somebody is taking more than they agreed to and that to me is burglary. But let’s see what you call it and we might agree. Still think that the radio is worth it, just it is not the price I agreed to pay for. They can increase the price up to $1k and would still probably buy it. But this is not the price advertised on their website at the time when I purchased the radio.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I presume you bought this from Tower Hobbies, so what's it got to do with NE Sailplanes?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:48 PM
3wExtra

i am sorry if i am not clear, I did buy them from Northeast; and that is why i do think that NorthEast sailplanes took me for a ride.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Ducted Fan Dan
My Feedback: (2)

Dude, you are all over the map.

First you say Tower Hobbies ripped you off. Then you say it was NE Sailplanes. It's not a matter as to wether you were clear or not, it's a matter of saying the wrong thing.

Organize your thoughts and proof read your post before you start to flame a company, it will give you a lot more crediblity.

Then you say that you bought one for 512 and 2 weeks later you bought one for 650. Did you check the price when you went back for the second one, or just assume it would be the same price? It sounds like you went back and they raised the price to 650 and then bought it anyway.

Two thoughts come to mind,

"Charge what the market will bear." and

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Oh, and burglary is the act of entering a building or other premises with the intent to commit theft.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:17 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, many stories about NE Sailplanes, I've never had the pleasure (or otherwise) of dealing with them. I don't know how their web site works as far as on-line purchases but if you are able to order on line then surely the total price is displayed on check out?

If you ordered over the 'phone surely they would have confirmed the amount that would be charged to your card before the end of the conversation?

Maybe an anology would be if you went to the store to buy an item and then you decided you needed another one a couple of weeks later. Only on ringing the item up at the check do you realise that the price has gone up. Either way, you should be aware of the price before parting with your hard earned dosh....

BTW, why would you need two of these (just out of curiousity)?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 PM
3wExtra

Sorry, for the confusion.

These are the facts, i buy from Northeast sailplanes 2 RE12s (less than 2 weeks apart), for one I was charged $512 for the other $650, their (Northeast Sailplanes) website advertised it for $512. Tower hobbies, sales them for $520

I was in the backorder list on both places (tower hobbies and NEsail), both called me (and left voice mail) the same day to tell me that they have received the radios and they were ready to ship them to me. I called both of them and asked when they will ship NeSail said the same day; Tower was next day. That is why i did go with NEsail. Do you really think a day would make a $130+ difference? I could have paid Tower FedEx next day and still come ahead.
To me, it looks like they took me for a ride and i hope that this does not happen to anyone else.

In this one I lost $$$ but they lost a customer.
I had many 12ch syn Rxs, and probably I would have bought quite a few more. Now i will go to somewhere else. After all it does not help trying to help smaller Hobby shops, and then it makes me wander why they are going out of business

Sorry for the miss use of your language Dynodan, do you speak German, French or Spanish? I could respond in either of these without the fear of butchering a word
Old 04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
3wExtra

Default tiggerinva

I needed 2 because the first radio was Dead on less than 3 days, and i had to send it to repair to Hitec and I was told not to expect my radio for a while.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:06 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Default RE: tiggerinva

That is just great. I have to send mine in today. It a least lasted 3 months. I wonder how long it will take to fix. Mine thinks it has a scanner in it.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:14 PM
3wExtra

she came back faster than they though. Now it makes me wander how reliable they are, should i trust my $12k planes to the RE
Old 04-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Ducted Fan Dan
My Feedback: (2)

Thank you, I apologize if I offended you.

How about sending the one back to NE Sailplanes and ording again from Tower. To me it would be worth the $130.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:20 PM
3wExtra

no worries, i was not been sarcastic. sometines it is extremlly hard not to screw up the use of a language but i always try my best
Old 04-16-2004, 12:38 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Send it back? Nope. Wrong idea. If the quoted price was $512 at the time of the second purchase you just have to get your credit card company involved. They'll credit you the difference, and charge it back to NE Sail. I've heard enough bad things about that company that I know I'll never do business with them.