Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9ZWCII Compac Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9ZWCII Compac Question

Futaba 9ZWCII Question:

I have a complex flight program developed during many flights, and over several years. The data is now stored in my transmitter only. I use flight conditions also for this aircraft. My question is can anyone tell me step-by-step how to copy every part of this program including all conditions to a brand new 64k compac? The manual sorta describes what to do but I'd like someone to verify step-by-step what I should do. I want all of this aircraft's data stored in the compac along with a couple of other aircraft. I assume once I have the aircraft's data stored completely that I will be able to copy that programing back into my transmitter or any other WCII transmitter over writing or writing to an unused number. Bottom line is I don't want to lose the program by making a stupid mistake. Please someone help that has done this and is very familiar with how it's done.
Thanks
Lee
Old 04-18-2004, 10:06 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 9ZWCII Compac Question

Hi Lee it tells you in the manual how to do this If you don't have a manual I assume the model you need to copy is in the TX models 1-10 just copy to the campac any model 11- 26

M
Old 04-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Phil Cole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9ZWCII Compac Question

Note that you won't be able to get more than about four or five complicated models into the Campac. Memory in the Campac is allocated condition by condition. The main memory has 50 space for 50 conditions, and the campac has space for 22.

If you want to save Campac space, deallocate any unsused conditions before you copy the model. This is done using the CSL screen in the MDL menu.

The way conditions are managed is not very well done. For simple stuff they tried to make in intuitive to non computer types, and when those methods broke down for the more complex operations you get no assistance at all. Trouble is the two philosophies conflict in places. The copy model function will automatically allocate conditions in the campac (easy for non-computer people), but it's not smart enough to find empty conditions if the campac gets fragmented, and there is no defragmenter so you have to do that manually (hard and tedious, even if you know what you're doing).