Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex 9 channel synth Rx has arrived.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 05:07 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Multiplex 9 channel synth Rx has arrived.

Well "all things come to he who waits" and my Synth Rx has arrived. Very interesting it is too. As well as obviously having the ability to seek the strongest signal, lock onto it and confirm it as correct, it has a number of other interesting facilities. Firstly it is an IPD Rx but you can turn the filter off temporarily to do the range tests, then when satisfied turn it on again. Like the previous 12 channel IPD recievers you can plug 2, 5 cell batteries in and it will monitor the performance of each, and keep each working at its optimum.
Even more interesting is that it provides an error counter (low voltage, interference, and low field strength), and that at switch on if the voltage is below 4.4v it spits its teddy out and won't play any more until the voltage is raised above 4.8v. This is a potential model saver!
Hey and after all that it works as a receiver too!. Totally free of drama as expected.
Changing the frequency is quick, easy and totally foolproof. I just need a extension programming switch now as this Rx is ideal for models where the Rx is buried.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:01 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex 9 channel synth Rx has arrived.

John, how does the error counter give you the info - blinking led? Does it tell you how many of each type of error or just the total of all errors?

H
Old 04-21-2004, 03:12 AM
JohnMac

Errr... I'll have to read that bit again. I think its just a total of all errors but there is some info about what the blinking LED means.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
mrigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a RX-12 Synth DS IPD!

From Operating Instructions:

"""
The receiver features three internal error counters for the following errors:

Low voltage.
Recepcion blind spots (severe field strength fluctuations)
Signal interference

The LED displays the sum of the errors in the three error counter as soon as the error is detected:

LED Code 6 --------------- - 1-9 erros
LED Code 7 ------------- - - 10-29 errors
LED Code 8 ----------- - - - >30 errors
"""

Miquel Rigo.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Wiker

Those who are interested can download the instruction manual here:
[link=http://www.multiplex-rc.de/cms/vorschau/upload/d_anleitungen/rx_9_12_syn.pdf]http://www.multiplex-rc.de/cms/vorschau/upload/d_anleitungen/rx_9_12_syn.pdf[/link]
Old 04-22-2004, 06:57 AM
rorywquin

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

and that at switch on if the voltage is below 4.4v it spits its teddy out and won't play any more until the voltage is raised above 4.8v. This is a potential model saver!
What happens if the voltage drops below 4.4v while you are flying ?
Old 04-22-2004, 07:15 AM
JohnMac

ORIGINAL: rorywquin

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

and that at switch on if the voltage is below 4.4v it spits its teddy out and won't play any more until the voltage is raised above 4.8v. This is a potential model saver!
What happens if the voltage drops below 4.4v while you are flying ?
Rory, I don't know the exact voltage that the Rx stops working, but when you reach that point you crash of course! This is the same as any other Rx. There is no way the Rx can let you know that there is a problem with the supply voltage and this is why I always use two 5 cell batteries. I have had batteries fail in flight.
John.