Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Help needed with Zagi Elevon setup using Stylus Tx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help needed with Zagi Elevon setup using Stylus Tx

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help needed with Zagi Elevon setup using Stylus Tx

[Re-post from the Electrics Forum]

Can someone advise me which menu item to select on the Airtonics Stylus transmitter to configure the Elevons for an electric Zagi flying wing ?
This wing just has two servos (one for each aileron) and a speed control. The two servos are mixed to provide both pitch and roll functions.

There is no item in the Stylus menu labeled "Elevon" but there's something called "Spoiron" and lots of other mixers.
Any help would be appreciated.

Randy Smith
Old 06-26-2002, 01:36 AM
airjeffro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to bi-directional mix, The manual explains what to do, with the servos. I have been using comp mixers on my zagi, and just discovered that the bi-directional mixes are the proper ones to use. Using the comp mixes only one elevon moves with elevator trim, and only one moves with aileron trim. With the bi-dir mix, both move with both trims. Love that Radio, can't wait to get the memory card. If you discover any hints on the use of your Stylus please post them.
Old 06-26-2002, 03:07 AM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

airjeffro:
Thanks for the reply. I just found out from another source that you're correct. Use the B-Mix function in the menu. Set Channel A to Aileron and Channel B to Elevator. It works perfectly.

I love my Stylus too. I think it's the best kept secret in RC radios.
I have the 50 model memory card and its great too. I have all my models stored on there. Never any problem with not enough storage.

Tips: Well, I'm not a 'power user' as I fly mostly RC Pylon and we don't get too fancy with the programming. However, Exponential is a great feature for smoothing out the jitters around center. Great for pylon racers traveling at 180 mph.

The other nice feature I've used is the Alternate model function. If you are experimenting with different programming on one model, you can set up a switch to toggle between two programs. This saves you the time of having to land and change programs or adjust settings manually on the same program. Instantly, in real time you can switch between two different programs to feel the difference in the air.

I also love the flexibility of being able to run any receiver by selecting between PPM, PPM-INV, and PCM. I run Hitec receivers and I don't have to worry if I have an Aitronics compatible, Futaba, Hitec, or JR. I have bought some Hitec receivers off of E-Bay and I don't have to worry. The Stylus drives them all.

Randy