Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics VG6DR servo reverse problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 07:28 PM
jerryj39
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics VG6DR servo reverse problem

I have a Vanguard VG6DR that I fly with and sometimes use as the student radio on a buddy cord. I have a couple of airplanes that I switch between that requires reversing some of the servo switches. The problem is that when I change the servo switches the centering changes on the rudder and elevator enough that it can't be trimmed out. I know I could adjust the linkage but then it would not match the master radio. I have a VG400 and a RD6000 and they do not change centering when the switches are changed from normal to reverse. Is there any adjustment I can make on this radio so the centering does not change when the servo reversing switches are moved?
Old 04-22-2004, 08:28 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics VG6DR servo reverse proplem

I have run across large swings of center when reversing on radios a couple of times. Most common reason, if it is a computer radio, is the servo center function in the menu has been set to one extreme, then when reversed it will go the opposite direction.
I also had a problem on a radio several years ago where the gimbal was loose on the pot inside the radio and would slip at times.
Hope this helps.