Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba trainer setup confusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba trainer setup confusion

I have 2 8uafs and a buddy cord that I'm using to teach my brother to fly. I used the ComPac memory module to transfer the airplane setup from my box to his so they would match exactly.

My understanding of the manual is that I can set the controls to "func" and the trim settings I set on my box will the the ones used throughout the flight but when I set them that way the controls are all REVERSED when I hold up the trainer sw and give control to him. I reset to "off" and the controls are ok but if I change the trims while flying, I have to have him make the same changes on his tx or when I give control to him the trims are wrong again.

Can anybody clarify this for me? I won't be surprised (or even embarassed) if I've read the manual wrong.

Seems I read that AnnMarie Cross in on this forum now. I'll bet she can set me straight.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:08 PM
olivier

Default RE: Futaba trainer setup confusion

Hi,

If I do not mistake, the Futaba 8uaf is taking control of all the setup for the model in master (teacher) position. This means that the slave transmitter must not have any mixings necessary for the model, not even any reverse of servo. The slave transmitter must be set on an empty program, with no mixings, all ATV's on 100% and all servo on normal and not reverse. If the master transmitter is well programmed for the model, the master transmitter will take care of any settings needed by the slave.
About the programming of the 8uaf, I don't know, but on the 9c, indeed, when setting master programming in "func" mode for buddy box instead of "normal", the slave transmitter will have to be set in an "empty program". Check my website, chapter 1, paragraph 1 under "type 1"-radios.
Just enjoy this very easy way of buddy box system : no hassel to program anything on the slave transmitter !!!
I updated my Robbe/Futaba FC18V3.0 soft to V3.1 just only because of this added feature! But that's another story, but I surely don't regret the money spent on it, as I try to learn rc-flying to a lot of beginners.
Olivier
Old 04-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Futaba trainer setup confusion

Hey,

thanks for the tip. It's just like me to do it the hard way when the easy is right. I'll do it again using an empty model on the trainer tx.