Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec glitches/full travel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 02:14 PM
mscj-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec glitches/full travel?

I have an ultra stick 40 with hitec servos in the wing-problem is that one of the aileron servos goes full travel in the air-can't tell which one, plane starts a rapid aileron roll on its own, does 3 or 4 rolls, then I regain control. Doesn't seem to affect any other channels--I still had elevator and throttle control, just no ailerons. What would cause a servo to go full travel like that? Thanks, Mike.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:44 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hitec glitches/full travel?

Originally posted by mscj
I have an ultra stick 40 with hitec servos in the wing-problem is that one of the aileron servos goes full travel in the air-can't tell which one, plane starts a rapid aileron roll on its own, does 3 or 4 rolls, then I regain control. Doesn't seem to affect any other channels--I still had elevator and throttle control, just no ailerons. What would cause a servo to go full travel like that? Thanks, Mike.
Moving the stick to the side!!! :bananahea :spinnyeye

Just kidding, couldnt resist.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:16 PM
mulligan

I had a similar experience with a Hobbico CS-35 servo- also on aileron channel. The servo wouldn't hold at full travel, though; it would go full travel and then flutter about, as if due to radio static. I moved the servo to a different channel (flaps), and the flap did the same thing.

BTW, this was all intermittent.

I wound up believing the problem to be a bad solder joint or transistor inside the servo or some such signal issue within the servo. I replaced the servo and had no further problems.

- George
Old 07-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Glen Merritt

Howdy MSCJ,

Find out which servo is at fault and send it back to us.

There are several things that could be wrong with the servo. Hitec has a two year warranty, so send it back to us. We will check it out and repair or replace it.

Hitec Service
12115 Paine St.
Poway CA 92064

Glen Merritt
Hitec USA