Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio interference HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 05:23 PM
deweese4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio interference HELP

I have been having allot of problems with the setup in a .60 size lanier stinger
I am using a futaba skysport 6 (T6YG) , FP-R128DF receiver, 3004 servos, 600ma nicad when I do my radio check
all of the control surfaces start to flutter when I get to about 25 feet away, I did not have this problem with my trainer and had the
same setup, I have tried two diff receivers and it still does the same thing

I would appreciate any advise anybody is willing to give

should I try a diff channel?
or a diff transmitter?

Thanks wes
Old 05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
blindfly

Default RE: radio interference HELP

could be a bad xtal in the transmitter (since you tried 2 diff recievers its not there).
if you are running fm try to furn the transmitter off when the flutter start.
if it stops - problem is in the transmitter, if not - its in the reciever.

anyway - make sure your antena doesn't go through the batt or batt wires, and try to keep it away from the servos as well,
sometimes the pick up RFI.

if this is a composite plane and the antena is inside the fuse - take it out and don't run it staight parallel to the fuse.

hope this helps

good luck
Old 06-12-2004, 08:53 AM
beausol
My Feedback: (18)

I had the same problem in my 1/4 scale Extra. I tried my trainer's receiver and it still was there. Then I started to troubleshoot. Unplugged all but one servo (and used different ones). Still there. Checked out the same thing with the trainer....no problems there, so it's not the transmitter. Then I thought about my antenna routing. I tilted the plane on its nose and let the receiver antenna just lay on the ground outside the plane. No jitters then. So I hung up my Xmtr (with antenna down) about 70 or 80 feet away and went over to the plane. I grabbed the end of the receiver antenna and started to move it closer to the plane. When I got near the position that I had it in before, the controls jittered again.....then it hit me....it was too close to the rudder and elevator servos in the back of the plane and they were causing interference. I have since moved the antenna so that it runs through the cockpit and along the top of the fuselage, away from the servos.....works like a charm. At about 120 feet away, there is the slightest jitter in the servos in the tail, but no visible control surface movement, and in flight it's smoother than ever.

--RB
Old 06-12-2004, 03:37 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: mazlat
could be a bad xtal in the transmitter (since you tried 2 diff recievers its not there).
if you are running fm try to furn the transmitter off when the flutter start.
if it stops - problem is in the transmitter, if not - its in the reciever.
Not necessarily so. Some FM-PPM receivers, like the Hitec 555, will cause the servos to jitter all over the place if you turn off the transmitter. This is caused by the normal FM "hiss" being interpreted as control signals by the decoder.