Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 555 and eclipse spectra

Old 05-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Stein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 555 and eclipse spectra

I have a question about the 555 receiver and the eclipse radio. I have a mini 3d and just finished building it. I have one alerion in channel 1 or 2 not sure now but I want to put the other alerion in channel 5 with a y cable for the battery. My eclipse spectra radio set channel 5 as the gear/retract servo channel and it wants the other alerion on ch 6 but the 555 receiver only has 5 ch.

Is there any way to make it so that the radio thinks that ch 5 is the other servo instead of the gear channel? I set the model as glider in the radio and ch 5 will work as the 2nd alerion but the throttle will not work when set like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Brian
Old 05-31-2004, 12:51 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Hitec 555 and eclipse spectra

You could use a Pmix to mix Ch5 to your ailerons...
Old 05-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Stein

I tried that it still will not work it takes ch 5 as the gear and alieron servon and does not work right at all. Thanks for the tip though. Anybody have any other ides?

Brian
Old 05-31-2004, 03:12 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Use a Y harness for the ailerons.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:34 PM
3DFanatic

THe mix will work 'cause I've done it before
Old 05-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Stein

I really don't want to use a y cable I want to do mixing like flaps etc... I tried to mix ch 5 to the other alierion but still can't get it to work? The radio wants ch 5 to be a retract servo. I got the alierion to mix and move one way but it moves the same way when I move the stick the other way and it will not center at all. It just moves almost all the way one way like a retract servo and binds and it just won't work right. I don't know what I am doing wrong????? Thanks for the help guys I will try again later but I don't think it will work ;-)-|-< oh well that sucks.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 05-31-2004, 05:55 PM
3DFanatic

use whatever mix and make ch5 slave and ch 1 master. Adjust the throws so that ch5 moves the same amount as ch1 but in the opposite direction. It will work just don't hit your retract switch...