Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

emergency help needed tonight 5375 top gear change

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

emergency help needed tonight 5375 top gear change

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 09:43 PM
3DSWEPED
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emergency help needed tonight 5375 top gear change

Hey all,
ok, SO YUP, ibroke off the top of the screw, wrong loctite....now, on to the problem, I CANT GET THE SERVO TO line up or center, I have the programmer, reset to default, no change..all I get is right rudder, no lefe. tried it 6 different times, always the same regardles where the locator pin is. when I fire up the servo with the top off, to find center, the servo just runs non stop counter clock.
Anyone swAP OUT THE gearset sucussfully?
Thanks in advance
oh, big bird meet tomorrow...opener for a neighboring club...thats the emergency.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: emergency help needed tonight 5375 top gear change

I don't know if the motor position or the other gears position make any difference, but if the tab on the top of the gear is located pointing to the end of the case closest to the output shaft, that may be a good starting point. Without that tab on the gear top, every servo I have ever toyed with would rotate continuously in one direction.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:58 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Not to get off topic too much but I cut the tab off and rotate the output gear on several of my hitec servos as they wear. Never had one spin only one direction on me. Now if you have the tab on and it's lined up anywhere other than what silversurfer says you could definately have gear binding problems
Old 06-07-2004, 01:29 PM
3DSWEPED

Found the problem, I had not put the tiny nylon piece under the gear that sits on the potentiomiter...hence the no stop and no left.
Called Hitec this Am and they walked me through it. Had to buy another 5735 Saturdat AM to make the big bird meet...that sucked since Tower is blowing them out at 43 bucks and I had to pay 70...