Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Setting up Trainer on Futaba 7C

Old 06-05-2004, 03:31 PM
ald0cam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up Trainer on Futaba 7C

Hi,

I realise this should possible be posted under simulator forum but though I might findsomeone who would know.....Anyway I am trying to use the 7C with the flight sim Reflex XTR - I have all the right cables and I am not getting the program to recognise my transmitter.

So, I am trying to find out how the trainer mode works. Page 38 of the manual basically states setting each channel to N and that when the trainer switch is on then this mode can be controlled by the student, also shows trainer should be set to INH, but still no joy with my simulator recognising my transmitter. Am i just not setting up the transmitter correctly with the trainer interface, or have I missed some important step in setting up trainer mode?

Help much appreciated

Allan
Old 06-06-2004, 02:05 PM
gt900uk

Default RE: Setting up Trainer on Futaba 7C

LOL how many times have you posted this?
Old 06-06-2004, 05:54 PM
ald0cam

Twice
Old 06-07-2004, 01:48 PM
olivier

Hi,

Normally nothing should be activated on that transmitter to be working as a pupil-transmitter (slave).
The only thing to do is to asure you're in PPM-mode and NOT in PCM, for as far your TX is equipped with it.

To check if there's any outgoing signal from your transmitter, you could eventually connect signal and ground (if it's a jack-connector, it's very easy) to your soundcard, download a free PC-scope and use the scope as described in my website, chapter 1.
Olivier
Old 06-07-2004, 02:20 PM
gt900uk

Do you have links to these things please? I would be most interested in doing this to check the o/p of the transmitter. Where would i get a PC scope and info to make the cable?
Thanks
Graeme
Old 06-08-2004, 02:50 AM
olivier

Hello again,

You asked for a link to my website? Well...it's written under all my messages...
Anyway, check out [link=http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX]here[/link] , chapter 1, paragraph 1.1 about the signal, the scope and how to use it.
Olivier
[link=http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX]http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX[/link] : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of RC-transmitters.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 AM
gt900uk

Doh sorry and thank you
Old 11-01-2004, 04:25 PM
mudgeman

This is probably way to late, since the last posting is from June, but I just purchased the Reflex XTR sim and I have a Futaba 7C radio.
Had the same problem, the simulator would not recognize that the transmitter was on and connected. Found the fix for this problem at http://www.reflex-sim.dyndns.org/ref...qPath=15_35_40. You just have to remove 4 components from the patch cord. I did this and now everything works great.

Just thought I would post this for anyone else having trouble with the simulator working with the Futaba 7C radios.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:35 AM
gt900uk

Thanks for that. It seems a long winded way to fix it. Another fix is to just reverse the wires in the lead. Thats what i did and it works fine. Cheers Anyway