Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How REMOVE Futaba Conquest XMIT on/off switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:18 PM
parkavenue
My Feedback: (262)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How REMOVE Futaba Conquest XMIT on/off switch

I need to remove a Futaba Conquest Transmitter ON/OFF switch. Everything is going as planned until I discover the switch mounting plate is between the "black" transmitter frame and the "chrome" trim plate on the transmitter front. I can probably remove the chrome and remove the mount plate BUT the question is how to go back together with the assembled replacement switch?? Hopefully, someone has done a remove and replace of the on/off switch and can share some wisdom. THANKS.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:32 AM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How REMOVE Futaba Conquest XMIT on/off switch

parkavenue,

Since you don't indicate which Conquest TX you have, I'll describe how to remove the on/off switch in a Conquest FP-T6NFK (others are similar). Remove the back, battery, and antenna. Remove the screws holding the main pc board and move the board to expose the switch assembly. You will need to unsolder the 6 switch lugs from the switch pc board and remove the board from the switch. On the front of the TX, remove the 8 screws holding the gimbles and remove the strap ring. The chome face plate will then come off and the switch will come out with it unless you have already removed the plastic switch cover, then the switch will simply pull out of the case. Reverse this procedure to install the switch (a new one, I guess).

Hope this helps,
George
Old 06-20-2004, 05:40 PM
parkavenue
My Feedback: (262)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How REMOVE Futaba Conquest XMIT on/off switch

THANKS for the information! Worked perfectly!!! Regards, Richard