Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Lost my RX, then it came back.

Old 06-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my RX, then it came back.

I will try to make this short and to the point.
I installed my R149DP in my new 33% cap and after 20 flights, it has worked great.
On the 21st flight attempt, I turned on the 9C then turned on the RX and nothing happened. I have an I4C connected to the receiver and it read 6.3 volts and I tried to move some of the control surfaces and they were in hold.

I powered up the TX and RX several times with the same results, no control. I packed everything up and drove home. I checked the TX with another receiver and everything worked. I tried turning on the plane again, and everything worked.

The only thing that changed was the disassemble of the plane and the drive home. Now I am scared to put the plane back up. If this had happened while I was flying, then I would have crashed.

The receiver was serviced in February of this year (No issues before or after). The transmitter has never been serviced but never has given me any cause to have it in. What recommendations do you have????
Old 06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Default RE: Lost my RX, then it came back.

I've been reading a lot about the 149 problems as you described right here on RCU.
I'm using the same receiver in my 35% Carden Extra and I'm really starting to get worried and am thinking of switching to the 138.
Futaba says their not aware of any trends in problems with the 149, but I think there has to be some issues due to the number of complaints listed on this website.
Do a search on the 149DP and you'll see what I mean.
Carroll
Old 06-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Geistware

Thank you for the heads up.
From what I understand, the 138 has one voltage regulator and the 149 has two. The 138 has fewer components. Don't know what that means but I have a 138 and have chosen to change the crystal in the 149 and fly it.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check to make sure your transmitter module is secure in the back. You may want to pull it out and clip it back in.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:20 PM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

I dont have Futaba but on my JR settup I had the same thing happened to my plane, sometimes though I would fly it once and get ready to do another fuel up and fly again and no response. I changed the crystal and that was my problem. That scared me.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Geistware

I will probably send it in to Hobby Services for them to check over.
I have too much invested in this plane to loose it.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck and keep us updated on what the finding is.....
Old 09-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Javier-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Last sunday I had the same situation with my 149DP, there are some updates about?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

I have just had two R149s returned from Futaba having the same problem. They acted exactly as you described.
Futaba could not identify the problem as they did not act up while they were testing. I hooked three of them up to the same battery pack and sure enough the two identified as bad worked for a while and then died while the good one motored on.
At this point I have little confidence in Futaba service so I am looking for other good receivers.