Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Channel Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 11:53 PM
DLDude
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Channel Problems

I am on channel 32 in my plane. I am looking to buy a flight pack, and noticed there is an add for some pretty cheap ones here at RCU. I bid, but after further reading, found it said for channels 36-(?). Novice mistake, i know. But my question is, why do they split it that way? Could i put a 32 crystal in the receiver? If not, will this system be basically useless unless i get a TX with a frequency higher than 36? Thanks for the help guys
Old 06-27-2004, 05:48 PM
DLDude

Default RE: Channel Problems

Hate to be pushy, but i need to know before I buy this product, please answer
Old 06-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Jim Schwagle

Default RE: Channel Problems

Depends on the brand. If it's Futaba, they split the channels into high and low and don't recommend using crystals in the upper half in a receiver tuned to the lower half without sending it in for retuning. Futaba is the only brand that does this. If it's not Futaba, you can put any crystal you wish into the receiver. If it is Futaba, you might get away with it, but I would thoroughly range check the receiver. I've never heard of anyone having trouble swapping crystals in a Futaba receiver, but, that's what Futaba says to do.