Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ultra Stick + Futaba 8AU and 9C

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 11:56 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultra Stick + Futaba 8AU and 9C

I purchased my 1st Ultra Stick over 2 years ago and was unable to take advantage of the QUAD flaps functionality until I purchased the Futaba 8AU. I specifically picked the Futaba 8AU to access the full features of my Ultra Stick -- it was the primary reason for buying the Futaba 8AU.

How many of you can say the same. I'm asking because I'm told by the Futaba representative that they are not familiar with the programming requirements of this airplane because they don't have one to test on and since it is not their airplane is too much of a challenge to analyze for 8AU and 9C programming.
Old 07-20-2002, 06:25 AM
bsumpter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my case it was reversed. I purchased the UltraStick to take advantage of my new 9CAP!
Old 07-29-2002, 07:35 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where are the Ultra Sticks?

Kinda thought I'd get more response to this poll than this. I guess the Ultra Stick is only really popular for the JR radio owners and the rest of us using Futaba's are rare breeds.

I guess AM's (Futaba Rep) response to my 9C programming request is appropriate. Why would Futaba be concerned about the Ultra Stick when very few of their customers are interested in the air plane.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:47 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Jim,
Respectfully, I have shown an extensive "concern" in this model, and have gone WAY outside what Horizon is willing to do to support this aircraft with our radios....I have done LOTS to help get it setup, and have provided a detailed, perfectly functional, fully usable setup for the 8U and 9C that mirror each other.

Respectfully, I agree that you wish to do it another way. And I concur that I am not willing to spend the time to recreate the wheel on something which already works with an airplane we don't stock and I don't have one to test.

However, I also respectfully and adamantly DISAGREE that I "am not concerned"....
Old 07-30-2002, 12:18 AM
peek49230

Hilleja,

Please refer to the thread 44175 in this forum. AnneMarie points the gentleman to the correct information on the Futaba website.

"Welcome aboard, pat!!

please visit www.futabarc.com, go to the FAQ, choose 8U, and select the FAQ for a seven servo aerobat. It will walk you through, start to finish, setting up the ultrastik in acro mode.

Helpful hint: PLEASE don't try to second guess or change anything on the setup your first time through. Just complete what it calls for, and then if you'd like to do something different later feel free to change it. Sometimes it might not be clear at the beginning why we're doing X but later it will be...."

This is one of the reasons that I really want to get the Futaba 9C as soon as I scrape up enough pennies. Nowhere else have I seem the support that Great PLanes seems to offer through these and other forumns.

Chris