Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual Conversion crystal PPM Rx

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Rippah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Conversion crystal PPM Rx

Will a Dual conversion crystal work in a PPM receiver?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Phil Cole

Default RE: Dual Conversion crystal PPM Rx

If it's a dual conversion receiver.

PPM/PCM has nothing to do with dual/single conversion. Receivers can be had in all four combinations.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Rippah

Thats the problem, I dont know if it's dual or single. Its a FEIGAO 6ch mini 36mhz PPM. I tried it in PPM no joy then PCM using my Futuba 7UAPS. The only thing I can think of it must be the dual conversion crystal. SO I'm guessing if I swap it for a single I should be right?
Old 07-24-2004, 08:22 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PCM mode is only operational with like original equipment. This means only a Futaba PCM RX will work with a Futaba TX in the PCM mode. The code is proprietary and does not work with any other PCM equipment...

For the most part you'll have to use a crystal that meets the requirements of the specific RX in use, single/dual conversion is a secondary consideration but an absolute must. Crystals are not generally interchangeable from one manufacturer to the next. The crystal does not differentiate between PPM/PCM modulation modes, this true at of the TX and RX.