Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any news on Multiplex Royal Evo software?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:34 AM
ozextra62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news on Multiplex Royal Evo software?

Anyone heard any news on the new Mutliplex Royal Evo software and it's release date.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:30 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Any news on Multiplex Royal Evo software?

It is with various customers for final testing before release, they are not allowed to say anything. Sometime in August is the best we have heard. AFAIK the only definite change in the forthcoming v1.4 software is to incorporate shift selection for 72mhz users in which case the rest of us are not bothered by it. We had heard from a good source a while ago that it included an upgrade to expo per phase but I have since heard from another good source that it doesn't! I suspect the latter is true, this is a change from v1.26 to v1.4, Multiplex has indicated that they will do it but said that expo per phase requires a major re-write of the whole software, it can't simply be bolted on, so I would expect that to be a jump to v2.0 or something like that.

In the past, Mpx usually did a major upgrade to v2.0 a few years after a radio was first released, based on user feedback. The v2 software always incorporated some quite substantial improvements and totally new features. Mpx will want to give the Evo users time to find all the things that they want changed and then write an upgrade where they can test that it all works together in one package. No point in hurrying to upgrade something major like expo only to find a year later that it conflicts with another change that users are asking for. But you never know, we might be lucky and get it in v1.4 !

H.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Jeddy

1.4 now available on Multiplex site. Whether it's worth it is another matter (a new melody when my frequency is in use on the synth seems to be the main thing I'll notice - woo hoo!)
Old 09-02-2004, 08:36 PM
okw

The newest update is supposed to support shift select now. I can't verify that as I don't have an Evo myself.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Crash Wilson

Sent my Evo 9 to HiTec/Multiplex for the free update.
Now, if I could just understand how to program the thing....
Old 02-13-2005, 10:48 AM
HLANG

The software 1.4 version upgrade is already available for some time in Multiplex Germany web site. It's not new. Minor bug corrections and the only new improvement: shift selection for negative or positive rx.
Unfortunately I can't see any advantage to have a radio that we can do upgrades to software or O.S.!! like Royal EVO.
For what I am reading in some sites and magazines, we could expect just one upgrade per year, if MPX really wants to allow.
Royal EVO is one of the best radios I have ever seem in the past 5 years, nut it deserves some improvements. Expo per flight phase, more improvements in Heli software and more room to storage more templates, more assign lists.
Are tehn really necessary? I think YES. Can they be available? I really think YES.
Maybe not all users of EVO would be happy to have much options and improvements.
MPX in Germany could offer for a small fee little upgrades or software downloads with options that could satisfy those pilots like me!
Henrique.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Bob101

I've been waiting for one fix. The ability to change exp per flight mode - I really can't see how this wasn't addressed before it went public...

Everytime I bring it up someone always chimes in on these forums and says "shut up - who cares - they are selling more than enough as is". So that's where it's been at for a while with me.