Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Vanguard buddy box problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 02:20 AM
rkrig
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vanguard buddy box problem

I am trying for the first time to help someone learn using a buddy box. I have 2 vanguard radios and all the controls syncronize well except the throttle. Even when the lever and the trim are in exactly the same place on both the transmitters, the servo moves considerably when i hit the trainer switch. What can I do? Thanks, Randy.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:07 AM
fiery

Default Vanguard buddy sytem

Good question.

Does one Tx have the throttle stick movement limiter cams installed in the gimbal, and the other not have?

check the mechanical throw on each throttle by cycling the stick through it's full movement. If throttle throw on one Tx is noticeably shorter than the throw than the other, that's it.

Solution: either remove the throttle cams from the other Tx, or add to them to the Tx which does not have them. I prefer to have them.

If the throttle throws are exactly the same, it may be a pot. problem in one Tx. It may need cleaning. Best done by a competent radio tech. Airtronics' service centre can do that for you.

fiery
Old 07-24-2002, 12:01 PM
rkrig

Default Thanks fiery

Thanks, I'll take a look at it though I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. I think I can figure it out
Old 07-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

More than likely one of the TXs have a throttle stick that is not calibrated correctly. When the throttle is resting at precisely the middle position, the pulse width output from the TX for the throttle channel should also be in the middle at 1.5ms. If the two TXs are not calibrated to output the same pusle width at the same stick position, then the servo will move when you hit the trainer switch.
Old 07-24-2002, 06:01 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to check, make sure the servo is moving in the same direction with stick travel. It could be the trainer box has that channel reversed and is moving to the opposite position (ie: low throttle stick is actually full throttle at the servo when switching to the trainer box)
Old 07-25-2002, 12:51 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Trainer box problem

Just set the trims so there's no movement when ya hit the switch. Who cares if they're not in the same position.