Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I need help with this EVO programming challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 06:13 PM
3wExtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with this EVO programming challenge

Sorry for my ignorance, but this is what I need. I need to be able to adjust how much each surface travels in each direction for each flight mode. I am using the Aile+ and Elev+ mixes.
Is there a way, or should I say how you can do this.
Regards,
Astolfo
Old 08-09-2004, 02:53 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: I need help with this EVO programming challenge

Go into the controls menu, and adjust the travel value there. There is a control travel value for each flight phase. All phase programming is done in the controls menu, you will see a little number next to any parameter that can be set per phase, the number tells you which phase you are currently in.

H.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 PM
3wExtra

HC, thank you but… this is what I need
Let’s say that in phase 1 I want the elevator to travel up 50% and down 40% and that in phase 2 I want the elevator to travel 80% up and 90% down. How do I do this for all four phases? and for the ailerons and rudder
Thank you
Astolfo
Old 08-12-2004, 03:43 AM
HarryC

First of all you need to assign phase switches and then activate the phases that you want.

Then in the controls menu if you look at the little number next to TRAVEL it will show 1-4 depending on which phase you have set the switch for. While in any phase, set the control travel value that you want, to set a different phase move the phase switch to get the phase number that you want and then set its value.

Unfortunately the Evo does not have control travel values for each direction of the stick like the Profis do, different travel values for each direction are set in the asymetrical mixer or servo calibration but that means that the ratio between up and down is fixed across all the flight phases. You can have more up than down, or more down than up, but you can't have some phases with one and some phases with the other

The control travel value, multipled by the mixer values and then multiplied by the servo calibration values gives you the final servo travel. Say you want elevator phase 1 to be 100% down, 90% up, phase 2 70% down, 60%up. Set the mixer or servo calibration values to 100% down and 90% up. With phase 1 control travel at 100%, you get the values you want. For phase 2 set the control travel to 70%. When multiplied through the mixer/servo calib values, that will give 70%down and 63%up.

In the controls menu just go through each control in turn, setting the travel value for each phase number.

There is a way of using the ele and rudder mixer, but not the aileron mixer, to get some phases with more up than down and some phases with more down than up. Multiple inputs of the same control can be put into the same mixer and set to the same switch as the phases. However it is quite complicated due to the Evo mixers not recognising a 3 position switch being ON at centre.

H.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:25 PM
3wExtra

thank you Harry.
how would you do alieron differential?

Ps.
I think i am going to stick to phase "travel" adjustment.
thank you
Astolfo
Old 08-13-2004, 02:53 AM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: 3wExtra
how would you do alieron differential?
In the mixer screen use the ail.diff function.

H.