Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics/Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:41 AM
ec12-1582

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics/Futaba

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused on servo wiring and RX compatability. I have an Airtronics Vanguard TX and Airtronics 92765 FM Dual Conversion Narro Band Receiver, that I just inherited. The RF check date on the TX is 1/96, and not being an Airtonics owner in the past, is this receiver compatable with Futaba servos?. This has the "z" connector, ( I think, as the futaba plug will fit the receiver if the polarity tab is removed). Does this receiver require the Futaba plug to have the wires moved in the plug to work. (my local hobby shop doesn't have Airtronics to futaba or futaba to airtronics adapters) Also, not knowing anything about this receiver does it have BEC. It does not state so, but Channel 7 is listed on the body as B/7

Thanks for any help,

Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 03:48 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics/Futaba

Chris,

If the Rx is blue the polarity is correct and you can plug F servos directly into the Rx. If the Rx is black it requires a polarity switch.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:19 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Futaba & JR/Hitec will work with the blue "Z" receiver, however you will need to remove the tab from the Futaba plug. No need to change the wires. The signal (white) wire should be next to the channel numbers on the receiver.
BEC (battery eliminator circuit) is part of the speed controller, not the receiver.
The slot marked "B/7" on the receiver is for 7th channel. You have to use a y-harness to hook-up channel 7 and the battery. I am not sure if the 92765 is 6 or 7 channel. I think 7.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
ec12-1582

Thanks for the reply's.

The RX is black, which I guess indicating an older model. Not sure if this helps to identify, but it does state

[u]"Airtronics 92765/72 FM"
bySANWA,

Based on the internet, looks like wiring does not match current futaba's/JR/Hitec wiring even though the futaba plug would fit after trimming the polarity tab. And based on responses this is a 7 Ch. RX.

Really trying to avoid frying the receiver or servo's. Wish Airtronics had a support sub-forum ( Thanks Hitec, JR, and Futaba for supporting the sub forums. Seeems like this RX may have been in the transition with "z" connectors, but still a black body.

Thanks again for any further assistance,

Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 07:55 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is the old style receiver, you can switch the red & black wires on the servo and they will work on the receiver. Just make sure you mark the servo so you know it has been switched.
I have several of the earlier receivers and I swap the servo wires all the time.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:24 PM
ChuckN

Good rule of thumb - the only Airtronics stuff that is compatible with Futaba/Hitec/JR servo connectors is blue. If it is not blue then it isn't compatible with Futaba/Hitec/JR servos. Tower Hobbies, too, for that matter as their stuff is the same as Futaba. Airtronics came out with the blue "Z-Connector" system in 1997.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

I do the same as Terry myself. Just swap the red and black wire.
You'll have to bevel the edges of the servo connector as well to fit it in the RX
No worries!